The speaker John Papatheohari was part of the previous event. To review the most recent speakers list, click here.
Chief Information Officer
9:00 AM Digital Transformation: Achieving Seamless Clinician/Patient Workflow, Underpinned by Consistent and Real-Time Data Access
The digital business era converges a number of external forces, including the digitally empowered patient and changing healthcare expectations, more exacting industry standards, compliance, and interoperability and patient engagement as an increasingly key lever to excel in digital business.
Whilst a target enterprise architecture will facilitate overall capability development prioritisation, agreeing business rationale and scope will dimension digital solution priorities across the patient interaction continuum. Equally, transparency on readiness capabilities will aid conviction to digital transformation mobilisation.
Led by John Papatheohari, Group Director Digital Transformation and Information Technology, this interactive workshop will ensure participants takeaway key learnings and recommendations that they can apply to their own scenario:
- Explore practical considerations for undertaking digital transformation (NB. digital does not equate to an eHR)
- Discern the digital uniqueness to be embedded in the solution design, and characterised in implementation success factors beyond a ‘normal’ transformation program
- Explore digital solution attributes that offer tremendous opportunities and corresponding challenges, such as introducing real-time predictive analytics, enabling new patient-enabled access and capabilities (e.g., integrated telehealth, increased care access, surveying) and seamlessly extending the solutions across the organisation
Dashboards allow staff to see every patient in the hospital and their health details, giving nurses and clinicians all the information they need to make well informed clinical decisions and achieve better patient outcomes. Discussion points will include:
- Defining a “dashboard” and its role as a patient centred risk management tool
- The impact on clinical workflow – how it enables targeted rounding to the most sick and complex patients
- How to combine clinical leadership and real time data to improve care
- Opportunities for service redesign as clinicians gain access to patient data in real time
11:30 AM Building a Multi-Tiered ICT governance structure to Optimise Process Cohesiveness across the Services value chain and Minimise Prioritisation Conflicts