Dr Ian Town
Health Precinct Advisory Council (NZ)
11:50 AM INTERNATIONAL KEYNOTE PRESENTATION: The Christchurch Health Precinct: Leveraging the Opportunities for Innovation and Strategic Partnerships
The new $600 Million Te Papa Hauora (Health Precinct) is purpose-designed hub for health education, research and innovation, linking the health system with industry to commercialise health technology, products and services. Led by an Advisory Council (a partnership of leading tertiary health and education providers), the focus includes enabling innovation and new ways of working, considering the future health workforce and ensuring a more strategic approach contributes to improved health outcomes.
- Key strategic themes: development of innovative training and education initiatives;clinica simulation; enabling research excellence and Health IT solutions.
- How the Health Precinct is developing partnerships and opportunities for innovation
- Challenges in attracting multi-national corporation health technology companies
10:10 AM PANEL DISCUSSION: Establishing a Supplier Relationship Management Program to Enable Efficient Procurement Processes and Informed Decision Making
Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) plays an important role in the reduction of costs and the optimisation of performance. However, increased market dynamics and the general view to do more with less will force health service providers to optimise cost structures as well as the effectiveness and efficiency of their business relationships. This panel will discuss:
- The positioning of the purchasing department in the value chain of health service delivery
- How sophisticated SRM will reduce costs and enhance service delivery
- Technology is a key player in enabling more efficient SRM and procurement processes
- Collaboration between internal and external partners is key to enhancing the adoption of SRM concepts and technologies across the organisation